PDA

View Full Version : Promoting ARPOC

M0LMK
7th Jun 2015, 08:09
I'm looking for some ideas on how to promote the club.

So far:

We've sent press releases to:

Pratical Wireless (not used)
TX Factor (not used)
Southgate (posted as news)
QRZ (posted as news)
RSGB (appeared in RadCom)
ARRL (not used)

We have a paid banner advert running on QRZ.com (brings in around 6 new members a week)

We have teamed up with EURAO for the Spring QSO party (which will get ARPOC mentioned on the air throughout the weekend)

Organically, the club has been:

Picked up and mentioned in the ICQ Podcast
Posted on several blogs
Members are placing their member badge on QRZ.com
I am mentioning ARPOC in QSO when operating for an award

What else can we do?

Here are a few of my thoughts. Please comment and add your own ideas.

Email press release
I can send out the press release about the award scheme again. Maybe focus on clubs this time in the hope that they will mention it to members. I don't want to spam anyone though!

Club talks
I have a power point presentation with side notes available if anyone would like to give a talk to their club about ARPOC and the award scheme.

Regular net
Maybe we could set up a regular net for ARPOC members? This could be several nets of each region so all members have a chance to get involved. The net would focus on discussing /P operation and equipment but members wouldn't have to be operating /P to join.

/P Contest
A once a month contest that results in a trophy at the end of the year. You must operate /P to enter and be a member of ARPOC (any membership level). I would have to think about the award categories but I think it could be fun.

Any other ideas?

G1PIE
7th Jun 2015, 14:03
www.eham.net if you want another website.Matt.
sota and wainwights on the air are other portable activity sites
mark

M0PZT
7th Jun 2015, 16:35
I heard Mark on 7.120 whilst I was /P earlier... He did a grand job of promoting the website to the guy he was speaking with :)

G4YVM
7th Jun 2015, 16:45
Send me the powerpoint pack Matt

D

G0PDZ
7th Jun 2015, 16:45
I likewise heard the excellent advert for the club, I then worked the /p Stn myself whilst/p activating a beach. He surrenders & promised to join as soon as he gets home!
Good to work you also Charlie.

M0PZT
7th Jun 2015, 18:16
Likewise, Ian - it was a fun few hours with 6 /P stations worked on 40m including James M0JCQ/P who some of you probably know via Twitter.

G0DZB
7th Jun 2015, 21:25
I think you worked Charlie after I did. Or did I hear you working GB0UCR after me ? I thought the call was familiar... Darn,, If only we had known we could have had the first ARPOC net :-)

MI0PYN
7th Jun 2015, 21:46
Can you send me the slide pack too please Matt? I'll try to spread the word here in NI.

Regards,
Stefan

KK4UTO
8th Jun 2015, 01:43
I just made a post on both the KY QRP yahoo group. And the Bluegrass Amateur radio club site on Facebook. Hope that helps.

M0LMK
15th Jun 2015, 18:17
I'll get the Powerpoint pack tidied up and available for download soon.

Any other ideas on how we can promote the club more?

W├śMSN
22nd Sep 2015, 03:56
Hey Matt..

Might be worth placing a short advert in the Ham Ads section of QST for a few issues.

Put together a short video on youtube.

Make sure you have good meta tags listed on your web pages that would be found in typical searches by hams.

I will post a link to the club at the end of the next product video I produce for youtube.

I also put a "Member ARPOC" on my QRZ page

Mike / WOMSN