PDA

View Full Version : Portable equipment

KA3CNC
27th Jul 2015, 13:52
I go to the field with an ft 857d and use a HFp portable antenna from ventenna company--for power a 70 ah marine battery---check out my qrz webpage de ka3cnc

M0LMK
4th Aug 2015, 11:54
I would love to see some pictures.

I don't fancy carrying a 70Ah marine battery around with me though!

G0DZB
4th Aug 2015, 12:42
Welcome Joe. I just googled the Ventenna HFp and it gets very good reviews and looks to be a well built and well thought out system. I hope you get lots of use from yours :-)

PS: There are pictures on Joe's QRZ.com page !

M0LMK
4th Aug 2015, 13:29
Thanks Peter. I even went to the trouble of putting an automatic link to QRZ on everyones profile so maybe I should use it!

Not a bad view from that operating position Joe and I love the quads... :cool:

KA3CNC
4th Aug 2015, 21:11
Thanks Peter. I even went to the trouble of putting an automatic link to QRZ on everyones profile so maybe I should use it!

Not a bad view from that operating position Joe and I love the quads... :cool:

thanks for all the kind words guys--well im not carrying the 70ah marine battery around all day-lol--it goes from the car to the position you see it on the qrz photos---the other reason I carry that battery is I also use it to run my battery charger to charge my lipo batteries for my electric aircraft but most of my qsos lately have been portable---im having a great time being outdoors and hammin and flying---been doing a lot on 17mtr ssb lately...hope to work you sometime...73..joe

WD5IKX
4th Aug 2015, 23:27
Hi Joe

17 meters SSB is one of my favorite bands. I will keep an ear out.

John WD5IKX
Texas, USA

KA3CNC
6th Aug 2015, 02:29
Hi Joe

17 meters SSB is one of my favorite bands. I will keep an ear out.

John WD5IKX
Texas, USA

Ok John---yeah I really like 17mtrs ---I keep an ear out for you as well....73..joe