Membership #: 1
Basic Forum Rules
- Treat other members with the respect they deserve. This should go without saying, but treat others like you would like to be treated!
- The forum language is English only. Please only post in other languages in PM.
- Please do not spam. The definition of spam is an irrelevant or advertising post. Any post considered spam will be removed.
- Please do not post threads text in all CAPITALS since this is considered to be shouting and is not necessary.
- Please refrain from posting images larger than 800x600. This is considerate to members with slow internet speeds, and keeps the forum looking tidy.
- Insulting and flaming or personal attacks against others and ARPO volunteers, moderators and admins will be not tolerated.
- Please be considerate in language you use on the forum, some of our members are younger than others. Swearing is not completely banned, just do not swear unnecessarily, and only use minor words. A filter is in place to safeguard this system.
- No hacking, and illegal activity, such as torrents and illegal downloads, this will not be tolerated, and if appropriate, may be reported to local authority.
- Please do not post inappropriate material, I think everyone understands what I mean by this. The policy goes that if you would not feel comfortable viewing it at work, or in front of children or parents, don't post it !
I think these rules are clear, and easy to follow. These are only in place to ensure our community is a fun place to be, and a comfortable atmosphere for all.
What happens if I break a rule?
Depending on the severity of the infraction, a different course of action may be taken, but the usual practice is a 3 strike system:
A warning will be issued via PM highlighting the issue and a infraction will be given against your account (this is a mark against your account that lets moderators and admins know you have broken a rule)
Another warning will be issued via PM and a 2nd infraction will be given against your account
On your 3rd warning, you will receive a temporary ban, the length of which will depend on the severity of the incident.
Further breaches of the rules:
After this it will be assumed you will not learn your lesson, so you will receive a permanent ban, meaning you will never be able to visit the forum or claim ARPO awards again
The clean slate rule:
Infractions are cleared on a 3 month rolling basis. If you have been given an infraction and have not received another for 3 months then your infraction is removed.
If you have any questions regarding the rules feel free to PM any member the ARPO moderation or admin team who will be able to clear things up for you.
Last edited by admin; 3rd Apr 2015 at 07:33.