Membership #: 1
Claiming awards is fun and enjoyable. These rules are in place to ensure it stays that way and helps to provide a fair playing field.
- Anyone can claim ARPOC awards. They are free to all members.
- Claimants must fulfil the required criteria for each award that they are claiming.
- The award moderators decision is final. If they do not think that you have met the criteria for the award they they will remove your post and let you know what you must do in order to fulfil the requirements for the award.
I think these rules are clear, and easy to follow. These are only in place to ensure our community is a fun place to be, and a comfortable atmosphere for all.
- Activation Date - Only activations that have taken place after your ARPOC join date may be used to claim awards.
- Portable Location - A location that is not a registered address and has no mains utility power.
- Portable Station (/P) - When the station uses no fixed base power, equipment, or aerials. All station equipment must be removed from the site at the end of the operation.
- Standard Exchange - A minimum of call sign, location (any format) and signal report in RS(T) format must be passed by both stations. A standard SOTA or WWFF exchange is also valid.
- At Sea - A vessel located in tidal waters at least 1 Nautical Mile away from the low water mark.
- Beach - A rocky, sandy, pebbly or muddy shore on a lake or tidal waters.
- Uninhabited island - Any uninhabited parcel of land that is cut off from the mainland at some time each day. The time of operation must have been over the period of isolation.
- Location Reuse - Any location may be used multiple times to claim a single award but must not be used consecutively and must not be used for at least 14 days. For example, location A can be activated on the 1st of the month followed by location B on the 2nd of the month but location A can only be used again for the same award on the 15th of the month.
- Activation Reuse - Once an activation has been used for an award, it may not be used again to claim another award. There is an exception to this rule in the case of cumulative awards (Bronze, Silver and Gold series) where the activations from a Bronze award are allowed to count towards a Silver and the activations from a Silver are allowed to count towards a gold award in the same category.
If you have any questions regarding the rules feel free to PM any member the ARPOC moderation or admin team who will be able to clear things up for you.
Last edited by M0LMK; 31st May 2016 at 09:27.
Reason: Added "Activation Reuse" as definition 9.