Thread: My QRP Rig - LNR MTR 3B

Membership #: 527 Free member VE1AJK's Avatar
    Name
    Jason
    Thanks

My QRP Rig - LNR MTR 3B

Hello All,

I am excited to share my Christmas/Birthday present(s) for this year, which is going to get me on the air QRP and away from my base station.

As you can gather from the title, I have picked up the LNR Precision Mountain Topper MTR 3B. This radio is solid and ridiculously tiny - CW only but that is an appealing feature to me. I have heard nothing but great things about this radio, and the customer service and support has been great from the start. I cannot comment on the tx of the radio yet (I am still trying to learn CW) but the Rx is clean and delightful when using the associated antenna - the EF-MTR .... and end-fed antenna that works without tuning on 40, 30 and 20 metres. There are some great videos on YouTube for this radio, highlighting the features of this tiny radio that I encourage everyone to watch, and when I am ready to use it to make contact, I will record and upload my experience.

....of course, as mentioned, I still need to finish learning CW first! So don't hold your breath!

73!

Jason
    VE1AJK

Membership #: 2 Full Member Article Contributor
    Award Moderator
    Name
    Matt
    Thanks

Re: My QRP Rig - LNR MTR 3B

That sounds great Jason. Can you post a few pictures of it?
    Matt - M0LMK

Membership #: 569 Free member VE3IPS's Avatar
    Name
    John Leonardelli
    Thanks

Re: My QRP Rig - LNR MTR 3B

The LNR Mt3R is an excellent radio thagt is sensitive and works perfect with a 9 V battery. Use some #26 silky wire for an antenna and its super light for the gram counters.

John VE3IPS

here is a nice shot of it in a little box https://ve3ips.wordpress.com/tag/lnr-mtr3b/

the paddles are great as well