• The "Life's A Beach - Silver Award" is aimed at operators who like to have a paddle in the sea. The criteria for gaining this award are as follows:

• Only activations that have taken place after your ARPOC joining date are valid for claiming awards
    • Operate a station from 10 different portable locations that are beaches (see section B of the Award Rules for the definition of a "portable location")
    • Complete a standard exchange with at least one station from each location (see section B of the Award Rules for the definition of a "standard exchange")

To claim the award, applicants must:

• Read the award rules before claiming an award - https://www.arpoc.org/rules/18-award-rules.html
    • Create a new thread in this forum section using their call sign as the title
    • Provide the date for each activation
    • Provide the name for each portable location
    • Provide the location of each portable location using the Maidenhead locator (6 digit) or GPS signed degrees format (DDD.dddd)
    • Provide at least one photograph showing their station and it's surroundings at each portable location

Once an application has been verified, the applicant will receive a unique code that they may then use to download the award certificate via the awards portal.

HF Only & SSB Only ***Awarded*** G0PDZ

G0PDZ

Member #85
30/05/2015
Stone Bay, Broadstairs.

IMG_1350.jpgIMG_1351.jpg

Contacts on 40m SSB

Last edited by a moderator:

G0PDZ

Member #85
Re: G0PDZ

01/06/2015
Margate Main Sands.
IMG_1352.jpgIMG_1353.jpg
40m SSB

G0PDZ

Member #85

01/06/2015
Westbrook Bay
IMG_1354.jpgIMG_1355.jpg
40mSSB

G0PDZ

Member #85

01/06/2014
St Mildred's Bay
IMG_1356.jpgIMG_1357.jpg
40m SSB

(Rain stopped play - to be continued!)

G0PDZ

Member #85

03/06/2015
Epple Bay
40m SSB

IMG_1362.jpgIMG_1363.jpg

Thats it I think I have a Silver.

Thanks

Ian

G0PDZ

Member #85
I suppose so, just need to dig out all the bay's & coves of Thanet to keep it local if I can!
Ian

M0LMK

Member #2
Staff member
Remember that you can re-use the locations that you have already been to.

Broadstairs harbour is good at high tide.

:)

G0PDZ

Member #85
Matt, ha ha, but not when there's any North in the wind! I saw the pictures on the Thanet Gazette website, waterproof rig required!!!
If I can it would be good to activate 25 unique beach locations, just need to see if there are that many in Thanet. If not I will have to stray off to the mainland - but the passport has expired!!!