Hello all

G1YBB

Member #381
Just saw this site plugged on the WAB reflector so popped over to have a look.

I got my call back in '87 and was a keen contester on mostly 2m with some 70cm and 6m. Not having a great base location all our contesting was portable in the Welsh mountains nearby. Long hard days but great fun. In fact my avatar is me shinning up the free standing ex army mast with a hf wire in my teeth that we forgot to attach when lifting the yagis up for 2m Trophy.

Early 90s we kind of stopped going and I had other interests.
Roll forward to earlier this year and a friend who got back on the air got my interest revitalised and now with HF bands available I have had a shopping spree and been building like a good 'un.

Currently I am doing SOTA activations and other portable ops when I can as HF noise at home is S9 normally. I also plan to restart the 2m contesting this year, but on a SOTA style smaller scale than days of old.

G0DZB

Member #84
Award Moderator
Hi Steve, welcome.

It's a bit quiet here right now as I think most of us are in hibernation waiting for next spring to arrive !

PeterO
G0DZB

G1YBB

Member #381
No worries Peter. I noticed this board was started in March so still shiny and new really.

G4KLE

Member #364
Hi Steve, Good to meet you here. I lived in Hereford for some time and do travel there on a regular basis, I see that you are into SOTA, do you know my very good friend Ian // G4WTF, he also lives in Hereford and is a SOTA man...

Regards Merv // G4KLE

G1YBB

Member #381
Hi Steve, Good to meet you here. I lived in Hereford for some time and do travel there on a regular basis, I see that you are into SOTA, do you know my very good friend Ian // G4WTF, he also lives in Hereford and is a SOTA man...

Regards Merv // G4KLE

Hi Merv. I don't recognise Ian's call or name though I was active on the air when you were here locally.

Hi Steve

Hope to work you from this side of the pond someday.

John
WD5IKX
Texas

That would be great John!

Hi Steve.
Welcome to the club.

thanks.

M0LMK

Member #2
Staff member
Hi Steve and welcome to ARPOC.

I hope to issue you some awards soon!

G1YBB

Member #381
Hi Steve and welcome to ARPOC.

I hope to issue you some awards soon!

Thanks Matt.
I just found the sticky and it looks likely I should be able to get some with my SOTA activations and various other operations.

G0DZB

Member #84
Award Moderator
Just a heads up, only activations since you joined the site qualify.
PeterO G0DZB