Kind Regards from VE1AJK

VE1AJK

Member #527
Good day everyone!

I am happy to join ARPOC, and quite excited to have found it! I am unlikely to be able to often transmit from an IOTA or SOTA site, but I think it is important to promote and encourage operating away from a fixed shack; it is useful and fun! ?.or so I imagine, as I am still fixed to my shack. I am currently running a Yaesu FT-450D (which I love!) through a homebrew 40m dipole at 30 feet elevation, and having good success in my little over a year as a licenced amateur radio operator. Yes, still a greenhorn!

However, this Christmas (only way to ?sell? the expense!) Santa is kindly bringing me a MTR-3B, the matching end-feed 40/30/20m antenna, and a ZM-2 AMU! So excited ? come on Christmas! But it does give me enough time to finish learning morse code.

I look forward to engaging with fellow enthusiasts, and hope to hear you on the air.

Cheers,

Jason
VE1AJK

mu0chn

Member #10
Welcome to the club Jason.
I'm not likely to be activating any SOTA sights either.

VE1AJK

Member #527
Thank you both for your kind words. And I am have been browsing through the possible awards. I did laugh when I saw the ones for operating at sea....I just spent the last 15 years at sea! Now my time is a little more sporadic, but I may have a chance at bronze or higher.

I am very excited to spread the word over here to any amateur I encounter.

Cheers,

Jason