• The "Operating within Tent - Bronze Award" is aimed at operators who enjoy mixing radio and camping. The criteria for gaining this award are as follows:

• Only activations that have taken place after your ARPOC joining date are valid for claiming awards
    • Operate a station from 5 different portable locations where you are camping overnight (see section B of the Award Rules for the definition of a "portable location")
    • Complete a standard exchange with at least one station from each location (see section B of the Award Rules for the definition of a "standard exchange")

To claim the award, applicants must:

• Read the award rules before claiming an award - https://www.arpoc.org/rules/18-award-rules.html
    • Create a new thread in this forum section using their call sign as the title
    • Provide the date for each activation
    • Provide the name for each portable location
    • Provide the location of each portable location using the Maidenhead locator (6 digit) or GPS signed degrees format (DDD.dddd)
    • Provide at least one photograph showing their station and it's surroundings at each portable location

Once an application has been verified, the applicant will receive a unique code that they may then use to download the award certificate via the awards portal.

HF Only & SSB Only la4tta

LA4TTA

Member #321
May 6'th to May 7'th my XYL granted me two whole days off. So of i went to Stora Mlvika at JP20qd, to escape the urban HF-noise. My primary objective was testing of portable of the grid email solutions (winlink and pskmail) and an new battery, but i also got the time to work an Scottish gentleman on 60 and an Czech gentleman on 40, and the local morning ring on 80.

Great weather this time.

View attachment 789

The KX3 runs great on an old AN/PRC77 battery.

View attachment 793

Dipole int the tree

View attachment 790

No need to get out of the sleeping bag to join the morning ring.

View attachment 791

Winlink testing on an old Toughbook

View attachment 792

1'st and 2'nd operator in the morning.

Last edited by a moderator: