newest matchbox build

KK4UTO

Member #25
Award Curator
I am trying a small 9-1 unun. This is a T80-2 wound with 18ga wire. Kinda tight but it fit. Now to just assemble. T80-2 18ga unun first.jpg

KK4UTO

Member #25
Award Curator
And here it is installed in the PVC cap. Ran out if time. Off the work I go. Maybe finish it later tonight.
UNUN toroid instaled in cap.jpg

M0LMK

Member #2
Staff member
That's a small one but looking nice and neat.

Reminds me of when I wound toroids for the band pass filters that I built. Very sore fingers for a few days after that.

KK4UTO

Member #25
Award Curator
Lol ya I can see where winding a bunch would hurt. That one though tight went together really quite easily. Since it was tight the wires self aligned.

KK4UTO

Member #25
Award Curator
Well I'm finished with it. I have it all glued up and the epoxy is hardening. So now to bigger and better things. I thing I am going to get me some T80-26's and see what I can do with a bunch of wire and a fishing pole. According the the tutorial I should be able to build a vertical multo band that will load up on 10m to 160m. Now that would be the trick. Throw that antenna into a piece of 100mm PVC about 1300mm long and mount a shoulder sling on it and it would be easy to pack anywhere. Since the wire is wrapped around the pole. You could just collapse the pole with the wire in place and drop it into the PVC pipe.

Last edited: